Toy Fest Swap Meet Policies and Regulations
To participate in and/or attend all Conventions, Expos, Fests, and Events put on by Neoscott Productions/Troublemakers Services, you must comply with the following Policies and Regulations.
This Organization reserves the right to modify and/or update the policy at any time without prior notice. Violation of this Code of Conduct may result in the event Organizers asking you to leave the premise, whether you are a vendor or attendee.
Code of Conduct:
Everyone must comply with all Federal, State, and Local laws, ordinances and regulations at all times. In our current climate, this means masks must be worn in public spaces at all times per California Government regulations due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
Toy Fest Swap Meet expects respectful and courteous behavior from all attendees.
Toy Fest Swap Meet is a family friendly, PG-13 and under event. Please keep this in mind and behave appropriately. Following this simple Code of Conduct helps ensure a safe convention and that everyone will have fun. Your own good judgment and courtesy towards others are key.
Please watch out for each other, take care of one another, help those who need help, and be careful. Play it clean, sober, and safe! Please don’t leave the Event with strangers, and make sure that your friends know when you leave or if you are going home early.
Harassment of any kind, including physical assault, battery, deliberate intimidation, stalking, or unwelcome physical attentions, will not be tolerated. If people tell you “no” or to leave them alone, your business with them is done. If you continue to attempt to have contact with those people, you will be removed from the premises.
If you are being harassed, immediately contact a nearby staff member. We want to help you and make sure your Toy Fest Swap Meet experience is a safe and good one!
Toy Fest Swap Meet does not tolerate bullying or harassment within the community in any shape or form. This not only includes bullying and harassment at the convention itself, but also leading up to the show. This includes both in person and online.
Toy Fest Swap Meet will not tolerate any online libel/slander, defamation, volatile/aggressive language, or tagging of itself, employees, volunteers, vendors, or guests in posts that are meant to harass, negatively target, or “bring to justice” any life events that did not occur on the convention grounds and premises. Formal complaints or genuine concerns can be sent to us via email, which we will assess and address, but public shaming or chasing after people is bullying.
Prohibited Actions and Activities
The following, as such violations are determined in Toy Fest Swap Meet’s sole discretion, are not permitted at the Event:
- Failure to be appropriately clothed, as determined by the sole discretion of Toy Fest Swap Meet. Please follow local laws, rules, and regulations (including a face mask or covering)
- Assaulting, threatening, behaving inappropriately to another person, discriminating conduct of any nature whatsoever, making racial, religious, ethnic, national origin, sexual orientation, gender, or other slurs, bullying, cyberbullying, and/or expressing any act of hatred towards another.
- Lewd or offensive behavior, such as profanity, obscene language or conduct, exposing nipples or genitals or recording people without permission.
- Conducting commercial or business transactions without Toy Fest Swap Meet’s prior written consent, including without limitation, selling food or beverages from unauthorized carts, stands, or ice chests inside or outside Event venues or hotels; solicitation of money, contributions, or donations; distribution of commercial advertising or promotional material of any kind, such as signs, flyers, cards, or offers of discounts on rides, or other products or services; or offering samples of items which are sold, available for sale, or available in exchange for a donation or contribution.
- Unlawful conduct or failure to comply with the policies, rules, or instructions of Toy Fest Swap Meet, Event staff, the Event facility, or law enforcement officers.
- Limited Outside: Smoking or vaping must be at least 20 feet away from all entrances.
- Possessing any open can, bottle or other receptacle containing alcoholic beverages
- Possessing any illegal substance. Toy Fest Swap Meet DOES NOT tolerate illegal substances in or around Events.
- Any action that impedes the flow of traffic, creates a potential or actual hazardous condition, or is deemed to interfere with Toy Fest Swap Meet. Individuals may be asked to move or discontinue their actions. By way of example, an individual may be asked to relocate or terminate an activity in order to disperse a crowd which impedes traffic flow.
- Any noise or music that is disruptive to other attendees or the operation of the Toy Fest Swap Meet.
- No Soliciting
- Riding Hoverboards / Skateboards / Non-ADA Scooters / Segways: if you have one of these, please check it in at bag check or, if it fits, please keep it inside your bag within the Event Facilities.
- Using Roller Skates / Roller Blades
Costume & Clothing Policy
Please keep in mind that Toy Fest Swap Meet is a PG-13 or under event and plan your attire accordingly. Private parts must be covered with no risk of indecent exposure. Cosplay is not encouraged at this event.
Real weapons of any kind are NOT permitted at Toy Fest Swap Meet. This includes, but is not limited to: guns, knives, swords, bows and arrows, spears, whips, mace and tasers. Cosplay is not encouraged at this event.
Photography and Videography
Photographs and video are allowed in all common areas of the swap meet unless otherwise specified.
Photography or videography of Toy Fest Swap Meet events, staff, or attendees for the purpose of sale, or publication to the press is expressly forbidden for commercial use unless written permission has been obtained from Toy Fest Swap Meet in accordance with its press policy. Individuals may take pictures and videos for private viewing. What this means is that if you are filming for television, a documentary, a televised news outlet, or your professional reel, Toy Fest Swap Meet needs to know so we can sign an approval or release form.
If you are a photographer, press member, YouTuber, or podcast creator, you do have permission to do as you wish with the Toy Fest Swap Meet footage you capture. This includes photos of your peers, the show floor, its guests, or interview material.
Attending Toy Fest Swap Meet constitutes consent to be filmed or photographed by Toy Fest Swap Meet staff or approved industry or media during the Toy Fest Swap Meet event without compensation to you. Attending any Toy Fest Swap Meet event constitutes a grant of rights to Toy Fest Swap Meet to reproduce, display, distribute, perform, create derivative works from and otherwise use any footage or parts of the footage that it affixes in any media and in any manner throughout the world in perpetuity, including on the internet, broadcast, satellite and other transmissions.
These rules apply to all attendees, guests, and staff.
Vendor Policies: Buying, Selling, and Solicitation
Toy Fest Swap Meet will have vendors/exhibitors/dealers selling in a parking lot setting. All sales and anyone who receives payment for goods in the convention space must comply with the event’s vendor/exhibitor rules regardless of location. All vendors must have a California Seller’s Permit. Other restrictions may apply. Please see our exhibitor registration page if you wish to become a vendor/exhibitor. Note that Neoscott Productions/Troublemakers Services has the right to refuse service to anyone or issue immediate refunds to hostile vendors who we choose not to work with.
Toy Fest Swap Meet cannot guarantee the financial success of your booth/table/exhibitor space/business at the Event. Factors such as broad fan appeal, demographics, attendance, inventory, ability to market/brand yourself, and your overall welcoming attitude and salespersonship at the event is critical to the success at the show! Toy Fest Swap Meet will not be held accountable of your company’s monetary losses during the show and will not provide refunds for vendor space less than 30 days before the event. Discounts for the next event will be considered on a case by case basis.
Any solicitation, whether verbally or using signage, for monetary payment or exchange of services at the convention that does not comply with these restrictions may result in the offender losing their badge, the requirement to return all payments, and expulsion from the convention area.
Some examples of solicitation or sale that are prohibited are musicians requesting tips, setting up artwork for sale in the halls, and passing out signs or cards to people soliciting their business in areas other than the aforementioned commerce areas. Please also note that certain solicitations are ILLEGAL and will result in membership badge forfeiture, and possible referral to the proper law enforcement authorities.
Any solicitation or selling outside requires a street vendor license from the city and/or county.
Signs offering favors for sale such as kisses, hugs, dates, gropes, spankings, etc. are strictly prohibited and go against Toy Fest Swap Meet’s Policies and Regulations. Attempts to circumvent any of these rules such as throwing money and merchandise on the ground and other such tactics are also prohibited. Use common sense and engage in appropriate and family-friendly behavior.
All signs are prohibited unless approved for specific use by Toy Fest Swap Meet. Cosplay is not an exception from the prohibition and cosplay signage falls under Toy Fest Swap Meet’s props/weapons peace bonding policy. Unapproved signs will be confiscated and/or destroyed. Repeat offenses may lead to your being required to forfeit your attendee badge and result in a ban from the convention.
ADA/Americans with Disabilities Act Policies and Procedures
Toy Fest Swap Meet is welcoming to individuals of all abilities and is a fully accessible event. We are dedicated to continually improving our efforts to ensure full access and we encourage all feedback and suggestions in order to improve your experience.
The following explains all accommodations provided this year. For any accessibility-related questions, please email us. We will do our very best to help you have a comfortable, safe, and incredible experience.
We sincerely want to help you and want your experience to be good and positive! It is important to note that if staff members are not aware of your needs in the registration line, we are not able to help. Good communication is key. We are prepared and want to help!
Service animals are permitted on site; however, this DOES NOT include:
- Emotional support animals
- Therapy animals
- Companion animals
- Pets are not allowed and will be turned away. Only legitimate service animals that are properly trained and under the proper care of their owners will be allowed into the event and provided with the appropriate credentials.
All service animals must remain by the handler’s side at all times and must be harnessed, leashed, or tethered, unless these devices interfere with the service animal’s work or the individual’s disability prevents using these devices. In that case, the individual must maintain control of the animal through voice, signal, or other effective controls.
Service animals must be housebroken and should use the service animal relief area.
Anyone bringing an animal will be responsible for and liable for any damage or injury caused by the animal.
All animals should have legally required vaccinations.
The event is fully navigable for people with mobility disabilities. There are accessible pathways connected throughout the venue including parking, entrances, stages, vendors and all other activity areas. We encourage all guests to utilize personal forms of transportation, including wheelchairs and
In continually trying to make Toy Fest Swap Meet more accessible we encourage you to contact us for any of your accessibility-related needs. Additionally, if you have any questions about ADA policies or our services please reach out to us.